Virology Education (VE), with generous support by ViiV Healthcare, is offering Conference Participation Grants (CPG’s) for the 3rd Central and Eastern European Meeting on Viral Hepatitis and Co-infection on HIV (27 - 28 September 2017, Ljubljana, Slovenia) to HIV and/or Hepatitis Healthcare professionals in Central and Eastern Europe.
What does the CPG cover?
- Registration to the conference
- Support for travel of up to €600
- Hotel accommodation on the conference dates.
- All arrangements will be made by Virology Education, the conference secretariat
- Applicants must be able to attend all days of the conference
- Applicants will be responsible for all other costs associated with conference attendance
What is expected from the grant recipients?
- Recipient will be onsite at the conference, attend all sessions and participate actively for the whole duration of the Conference.
- Recipient will write a brief article about his/her Conference experience (approximately 500 words) for conference publicity purposes within 3 months of the end of the conference.
- The applicant must be a healthcare professional
- The applicant must be willing to share his/her experience at the Conference within his network
- The applicant must be eligible to obtain a visa for travel
- The applicant must declare that she/he is able to fund all other costs beyond the grant that are involved in attending the Conference, e.g. all other hotel, travel and subsistence expenses NOT covered by the CPG.
Your application will include the following:
- Your contact details (e.g. name and email address)
- Motivation letter consisting of a written statement of up to 200 words, on:
- how attending the Conference will benefit you in a professional capacity
- how you intend to apply the benefits that you have outlined in a practical way after the Conference
- Recommendation letter(s) (optional)
- Abstract(s) (optional)
- A declaration that you agree with the terms & conditions for application
Your application must be received by Friday 14 July 2017.
All applications will be acknowledged upon receipt.
All applications will be reviewed by an independent CPG Review Committee based on the following Grant Selection Criteria:
- Professional background
- Strategy of knowledge dissemination
- Recommendation by the Scientific and Organizing Committee of the meeting
- Quality of the Abstract (if accepted)
- Young / Early Career Investigator
All applicants will receive notification of the application status no later than 15 August 2017
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Retrospective applications will not be considered
- Applications will be considered until the exhaustion of funds
- Applicants will be notified of the decision by email. Successful applicants will be notified with further instructions
- Virology Education reserves the right to make the final decision regarding all applications, which cannot be disputed
We humbly request your support in encouraging healthcare professionals to apply by forwarding this information to your colleagues.