The main objective of this meeting is to provide a forum for basic scientists, clinicians, virologists, epidemiologists and public health officials to present and discuss the various aspects of the transmission of HIV.
The ultimate goal of the meeting is the integration of efforts from all relevant disciplines in order to constrain the spread of (drug-resistant) HIV.
After attending the workshop, the participants will be able
- to describe the latest research on mucosal transmission of virus particles
- to outline the different approaches to identify the spread of (drug-resistant) HIV variants
- to reflect on the clinical achievements to come to prevention of HIV transmission
Topics of Interest
The workshop addresses the following important topics:
- Biology of HIV transmission
- Virology of HIV transmission events
- Epidemiology & modelling of HIV transmission
- Mother-to-child transmission
- Transmission of drug-resistance
- Biomedical approaches for HIV prevention of sexual transmission
- Social sciences & behavioural risk factors
Missed the previous edition? Go to
view the webcasts, presentations and
abstracts of the workshops.