The 13th International Workshop on HIV Transmission will be held on 20 -21 October 2018 in Madrid, Spain, as an ancillary meeting to HIV Research for Prevention (HIVR4P) 2018.
The main objective of this meeting is to provide a forum for basic scientists, clinicians, virologists, epidemiologists and public health officials to present and discuss the various aspects of the transmission of HIV.
The ultimate goal of the meeting is the integration of efforts from all relevant disciplines in order to constrain the spread of (drug-resistant) HIV.
After attending the workshop, the participants will be able
- to describe the latest research on mucosal transmission of virus particles
- to outline the different approaches to identify the spread of (drug-resistant) HIV variants
- to reflect on the clinical achievements to come to prevention of HIV transmission
Topics of Interest
The workshop addresses the following important topics:
- Biology of HIV transmission
- Virology of HIV transmission events
- Epidemiology & modelling of HIV transmission
- Mother-to-child transmission
- Transmission of drug-resistance
- Biomedical approaches for HIV prevention of sexual transmission
- Social sciences & behavioural risk factors
Research abstracts may be submitted to both the International Workshop on HIV Transmission 2018 and to HIVR4P 2018. In view of the partnership with HIVR4P, all presentations given at the 13th International Workshop on HIV Transmission that are also given at HIVR4P 2018 are embargoed until after the time of their presentation at HIVR4P 2018. All regular delegates, presenters and media are asked to respect this policy before and during the Workshop and HIVR4P 2018.
Missed the previous edition? Go to InfectiousDiseasesOnline.com to view the presentations and abstracts of the workshops.