After his studies as Bioengineer at Free University of Brussels, 1989, he followed a postgraduate course on Tropical Veterinary Medicine at Tropical Medicine Institute of Antwerp (ITG). From 1991 to 1994 he was linked as a researcher to the ITG. From 1991 to 1993 he worked in Porto-Novo, Benin, West-Africa. From 1994 to 2001 he was international product manager infectious diseases for a diagnostic company with a focus on viral hepatitis diagnostics. Since 2001 he works as senior project coordinator and researcher secretariat of the Viral Hepatitis Prevention board at the University of Antwerp within the Centre for the Evaluation of Vaccination.
He is or was involved in following activities and projects:
- Viral Hepatitis Prevention Board and its web site (2001 – ongoing),
- Creation of translational platform for integrated vaccine research (2008- 2013)
- Eurohep.net: Surveillance and Prevention of Vaccine Preventable Hepatitis (DG Research Funded) (2002-2005)
- Improvement of the health of future generations by strengthening infant immunization programmes in South Africa (2003-2008)
- Vaccine Safety, attitudes, training and communication. (DG Sanco Funded) (2006-2009)