The Conference Participation Grant Program of the Central Eastern European Meeting on Viral Hepatitis and Co-infection with HIV provides financial assistance to HCPs to attend the Meeting. Priority will be given to clinicians who have actively participated in original research or scientific work that is being presented at the Meeting.
The grants are supported by ViiV Healthcare. ViiV will have no control, influence, or involvement in selection of any attendees.
Grant applications will be reviewed by the Grant Review Committee (consisting of several members of the Organizing and Scientific Committee), which will carefully evaluate all applications with full consideration that no applicant is subjected to discrimination of any type. Grants will be awarded on a competitive basis to those who meet the following requirements.
In the selection of attendees will be considered:
- Healthcare professionals who can show scientific interest in the Meeting, or can show benefits to their patients from attending the Meeting;
- Healthcare professionals who can share learning to a larger community after the Meeting because they teach in colleges or postgraduate units, or are part of a larger network of healthcare professionals anticipating information from the Meeting.
- Applications open: 1 June 2016
- Deadline 1st review round: 1 July 2016
- Deadline 2nd review round: 1 August 2016
- Deadline 3rd review round: 1 September 2016
- Allocation of grants: within two weeks after each review round
Successful applicants will be offered Conference Participation Grants including:
- Registration for the conference: Access to all scientific sessions and poster exhibition, a conference bag with the final program and abstract book, refreshments during the coffee breaks and invitation to the welcome reception and networking dinner on 6 October.
- Travel: Air travel with a maximum amount of €600, to be organized by the Conference Secretariat.
- Accommodation:Hotel accommodation for the days of the conference with a maximum amount of €75 per night (maximum of 2 nights) to be booked by the conference secretariat.
NB: The following expenses are NOT covered by the grant: ground transportation (taxi, bus, metro), incidental hotel expenses, meals/drinks, insurances, visa application costs, per diem fees and any optional extra expenses.
Applicants can either apply for a full or partial grant or for registration only. A partial grant includes any combination of the above.
Please note that the level of support requested may not be the level of support granted. Full grants will only be awarded in a limited number of cases.
Although every attempt is made to provide as many grants as possible, we regret that the number of grants that will be allocated is limited. Applicants are therefore strongly encouraged to seek other funding as well.
Please note: the conference secretariat cannot make any direct payments to grantees.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- This support is non-transferrable. If you receive a sponsored registration or travel grant and are unable to attend the conference, please let the Conference Secretariat know as soon as possible.
- Retrospective applications will not be considered.
- Grants will be allocated on first come, first served basis. For best consideration, applications should be made by the specified date announced by the grant selection committee. Applications will be considered until the exhaustion of funds.
- Applicants will be notified of the decision by email. Successful applicants will be notified with further instructions
- Virology Education in collaboration with the Grant Review Committee reserves the right to make the final decision regarding all applications, which cannot be disputed.
- Once flights are booked, any changes to or cancellations of the tickets will be charged directly to the grant recipients.
- By registering for the conference participants agree that the organizers do not accept responsibility for medical-, travel- or personal insurance. Participants are advised to take out their own insurance policies.
- The Conference Secretariat cannot be held responsible for any incorrect information that is given out due to Application Forms incorrectly filled in or for any information sent after the deadline
- The Conference Secretariat cannot be held responsible/take responsibility for any kind of accident; loss of valuables or materials; expenses incurred in connection with a conference participation grant & conference participation.
- Receipt of a conference participation grant implies presence and active participation in the program. Grantees agree to sign in during both program days. In case of no-shows grantees agree to cover all costs incurred in view of their conference participation grant.
Applicants should provide the following documents and send the entire dossier to the Conference Organizing Secretariat no later than 1 September 2016.
- Grant application form;
- Short CV;
- Copy of your passport.
Send your documents to : email@example.com
Reference: Conference Participation Grant application: 2nd CEE Meeting
The conference participation grants are generously supported by: