Virology Education (VE), with the generous support from ViiV Healthcare, is offering a limited number of scholarships to Asian community workers working in the field of HIV care to attend the symposium on reducing HIV stigma & discrimination for empowerment. The application is closed.
What does the scholarship cover?
- Registration for the symposium
- Travel support up to € 500
- Hotel accommodation for up to 1 night
- All arrangements will be made by VE.
- Applicants must attend the entire meeting.
- Applicants will be responsible for all other costs associated with meeting attendance.
- Please see the meeting website for further details about the meeting.
What is expected from the scholarship recipients?
- Recipient will be onsite at the symposium on reducing HIV stigma and discrimination for empowerment, attend all sessions and participate actively for the duration of the meeting (29 June 2019). A sign-in/sign-out sheet will be available on all days and grantees will be required to sign the sheet as part of the scholarship conditions.
- Recipient will provide a post-meeting feedback and summary about his/her meeting experience within 1 month after the end of the meeting. The feedback questionnaire will be an online survey with the recipient providing feedback on their experience at the conference, scholarship procedure and how they will implement the knowledge acquired at the meeting in their daily practice. The questionnaire will be sent to each recipient by email within one week after the conclusion of the conference.
- The applicant must be a community worker in the field of HIV care.
- The applicant must be willing to share his/her experience at the meeting within his network.
- The applicant must be eligible to obtain a visa for travel.
- The applicant must declare that she/he is able and willing to fund all other costs beyond the grant that are involved in attending the meeting, e.g. all other hotel, travel and subsistence expenses NOT covered by the scholarship.
- The applicant must declare to take out her/his own insurance policies (for travel, liability, illness and/or other necessary insurances in relation to her/his participation to the meeting).
- Your application will include the following:
- Your contact details (e.g. name and email address)
- Motivation letter consisting of a written statement of up to 200 words, on:
- how attending the meeting will benefit you in a professional capacity
- how you intend to apply the benefits that you have outlined in a practical way after the meeting
- Recommendation letter(s) (optional)
- Abstract(s) (optional)
- A declaration that you agree with the terms & conditions for application
- Your application must be received by the deadline.
- All applications will be acknowledged upon receipt.
- All applications will be reviewed by an independent scholarship Review Committee based on the following Grant Selection Criteria:
- Professional background
- Strategy of knowledge dissemination
- Recommendation by the Scientific and Organizing Committee of the meeting, if applicable
- Quality of the Abstract (if applicable)
- Young/ Early Career Investigator
- All applicants will receive notification of the application status no later than 1 month prior to the events.
Please submit your application through the scholarship Application Portal on the Conference website. We humbly request your support in encouraging healthcare professionals to apply by forwarding this information to your colleagues.