Grant submission is closed.
All applicants will receive notification of the application status no later than June 10, 2019
Virology Education (VE) is offering Conference Scholarships for the 11th edition HIV Pediatrics Conference in Mexico City, 19-20-July 2019 to HIV Healthcare professionals from all over the world.
WHAT DOES THE CONFERENCE SCHOLARSHIP COVER?
a) Registration to the Conference, including:
b) Support for travel
c) Hotel accommodation on the conference dates
d) Dinner on July 19th
a) All arrangements will be made by VE.
b) Applicants must attend the entire Conference.
c) Applicants will be responsible for all other costs associated with Conference attendance.
d) Please see the Conference website for further details about the Conference.
WHAT IS EXPECTED FROM THE GRANT RECIPIENTS?
a) Recipient will be onsite at the Conference, attend all sessions and participate actively for the duration of the Conference. Recipient must sign in to each session as requested by VE.
Recipient will provide a post-meeting feedback and summary about his/her Conference experience within 1 month after the end of the Conference. The feedback questionnaire will be an online survey with the recipient providing feedback on their experience at the conference, Conference Scholarship procedure and how they will implement the knowledge acquired at the meeting in their daily practice. The questionnaire will be send to each recipient by email within one week after the conclusion of the conference.
a) The applicant must be a Healthcare Professional.
b) The applicant must be willing to share his/her experience at the Conference within his network.
c) The applicant must be eligible to obtain a visa for travel.
d) The applicant must declare that she/he is able and willing to fund all other costs beyond the grant that are involved in attending the Conference, e.g. all other hotel, travel and subsistence expenses NOT covered by the Conference Scholarship.
e) The applicant must declare to take out her/his own insurance policies (for travel, liability, illness and/or other necessary insurances in relation to her/his participation to the Conference).
a) Your application will include the following:
- Your contact details (e.g. name and email address)
- Motivation letter, consisting of a written statement of up to 200 words, on:
o how attending the Conference will benefit you in a professional capacity
o how you intend to apply the benefits that you have outlined in a practical way after the Conference
- Recommendation letter(s) (optional)
- Abstract(s) (optional)
- A declaration that you agree with the terms & conditions for application
b) Your application must be received by 10 June 2019.
c) All applications will be acknowledged upon receipt.
d) All applications will be reviewed by an independent Conference Scholarship Review Committee based on the following Scholarship Selection Criteria:
- Professional background
- Strategy of knowledge dissemination
- Recommendation by the Scientific and Organizing Committee of the meeting
- Quality of the Abstract (if accepted)
- Young/ Early Career Investigator
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Retrospective applications will not be considered.
- Applications will be considered until the exhaustion of funds.
- VE cannot guarantee awarding the Conference Scholarship to prospective Grantees until the confirmation of available funds. In the event that sufficient funding for the Conference Scholarship is not available, Virology Education will not be liable for any expenses or damages incurred by the Prospective Grantee with regards to the Conference Scholarship Application and/or preparation for the meeting.
- Applicants will be notified of the decision by email. Successful applicants will be notified with further instructions.
- Conference Scholarships are non-transferrable.
- Virology Education will not be liable for any injury, death, damage, loss, delay, cost, expense, or inconvenience, causes of action claims and suits for property damage, theft of property or personal injury (including death) arising in connection with the Conference Scholarship and participation in the Conference
- Virology Education cannot be held responsible for any incorrect information that is submitted through the Conference Scholarship application portal.
- Virology Education reserves the right to make the final decision regarding all applications, which cannot be disputed.
- You are committed to attend the meeting in person. If you fail to do so, you will be charged the full amount of the travel and accommodation costs incurred and will be excluded from applications for future conference participation grants of Virology Education.
Please submit your application through the Conference Scholarship Application Portal on the Conference website.
We humbly request your support in encouraging healthcare professionals to apply by forwarding this information to your colleagues.