Scholarship submission is closed.
Virology Education (VE) is offering conference scholarships for the International Workshop on HIV Pediatrics in Mexico City, 19-20 July 2019 to HIV healthcare professionals from all over the world.
All applicants will receive notification of application status no later than June 10, 2019.
WHAT DOES THE CONFERENCE SCHOLARSHIP COVER?
- Registration to the conference
- Support for travel
- Hotel accommodation on the conference dates
- Dinner on 19 July
- All arrangements will be made by VE
- Applicants must attend the entire conference
- Applicants will be responsible for all other costs associated with conference attendance
WHAT IS EXPECTED FROM SCHOLARSHIP RECIPIENTS?
Recipients will be on site at the conference, attend all sessions and participate actively for the duration of the conference. Recipients must sign-in to each session as requested by VE.
Recipients will provide a post-meeting evaluation and summary about his/her conference experience within one month after the end of the conference. The evaluation questionnaire will be an online survey for the recipient to provide feedback on their experience at the conference, the conference scholarship procedure, and how they will implement the knowledge acquired at the meeting in their daily practice. The questionnaire will be sent to each recipient by email within one week of the conference conclusion.
- The applicant must be a healthcare professional
- The applicant must be willing to share his/her experience at the conference within his/her network
- The applicant must be eligible to obtain a visa for travel
- The applicant must declare that he/she is able and willing to fund all other costs beyond the scholarship that are involved in attending the conference, e.g. all other hotel, travel, and subsistence expenses NOT covered by the conference scholarship
- The applicant must declare to take out his/her own insurance policies (for travel, liability, illness and/or other necessary insurances in relation to his/her participation in the conference)
Applications must include the following:
- Contact details (e.g. name and email address)
- Motivation letter consisting of a written statement of up to 200 words, on how attending the conference will benefit you professionally and how you intend to apply these benefits in a practical way after the conference
- A declaration that you agree with the terms and conditions for application
- Recommendation letter(s) (optional)
- Abstract(s) (optional)
Your application must be received by 10 June 2019. All applications will be acknowledged upon receipt. An independent Conference Scholarship Review Committee will review these applications based on the following criteria:
- Professional background
- Strategy of knowledge dissemination
- Recommendation by the Scientific and Organizing Committees of the conference
- Quality of the abstract (if accepted)
- Young/early career investigator
- Incomplete applications will not be considered
- Retrospective applications will not be considered
- Applications will be considered until the exhaustion of funds
- VE cannot guarantee awarding the conference scholarship to prospective grantees until the confirmation of available funds. In the event that sufficient funding for the conference scholarship is not available, Virology Education will not be liable for any expenses or damages incurred by the prospective grantee with regards to the conference scholarship application and/or preparation for the meeting
- Applicants will be notified of the decision by email. Successful applicants will be notified with further instructions
- Conference scholarships are non-transferrable
- Virology Education will not be liable for any injury, death, damage, loss, delay, cost, expense, or inconvenience, causes of action claims and suits for property damage, theft of property or personal injury (including death) arising in connection with the conference scholarship and participation in the conference
- Virology Education cannot be held responsible for any incorrect information that is submitted through the conference scholarship application portal
- Virology Education reserves the right to make the final decision regarding all applications, which cannot be disputed
- You are committed to attend the meeting in person. If you fail to do so, you will be charged the full amount of the travel and accommodation costs incurred and will be excluded from applications for future conference scholarships offered by Virology Education.
Please submit your application through the Conference Scholarship Application Portal on the conference website.
We humbly request your support in encouraging healthcare professionals to apply by forwarding this information to your colleagues.