The grant submission portal is closed. All applicants have been notified of the outcome on 14 August.
Virology Education (VE) is offering Conference Participation Grants (CPGs) for the 4th CEE Meeting on Viral Hepatitis and HIV to healthcare professionals from Central and Eastern European countries.
WHAT DOES THE CPG COVER?
a) Registration to the Conference
b) Support for travel
c) Hotel accommodation on the conference dates
a) All travel arrangements will be made by VE.
b) Applicants must attend the entire Conference.
c) Applicants will be responsible for all other costs associated with Conference attendance.
d) Please see the Conference website for further details about the Conference.
WHAT IS EXPECTED FROM THE GRANT RECIPIENTS?
a) Recipient will be onsite at the Conference, attend all sessions and participate actively for the duration of the Conference. Recipient must sign in to each session as requested by VE.
Recipient will provide a post-meeting feedback and summary about his/her Conference experience within 1 month after the end of the Conference. The feedback questionnaire will be an online survey with the recipient providing feedback on their experience at the conference, CPG procedure and how they will implement the knowledge acquired at the meeting in their daily practice. The questionnaire will be send to each recipient by email within one week after the conclusion of the conference.
a) The applicant must be a Healthcare Professional.
b) The applicant must be willing to share his/her experience at the Conference within their network.
c) The applicant must be eligible to obtain a visa for travel.
d) The applicant must declare that she/he is able and willing to fund all other costs beyond the grant that are involved in attending the Conference, e.g. all other hotel, travel and subsistence expenses NOT covered by the CPG.
e) The applicant must declare to take out her/his own insurance policies (for travel, liability, illness and/or other necessary insurances in relation to her/his participation to the Conference).
a) Your application will include the following:
- Your contact details (e.g. name and email address)
- Motivation letter, consisting of a written statement of up to 200 words, on:
o how attending the Conference will benefit you in a professional capacity
o how you intend to apply the benefits that you have outlined in a practical way after the Conference
- Recommendation letter(s) (optional)
- Abstract(s) (optional)
- A declaration that you agree with the terms & conditions for application
b) Your application must be received by 15 July 2018.
c) All applications will be acknowledged upon receipt.
d) All applications will be reviewed by an independent CPG Review Committee based on the following Grant Selection Criteria:
- Professional background
- Strategy of knowledge dissemination
- Recommendation by the Scientific and Organizing Committee of the meeting
- Quality of the Abstract (if accepted)
e) All applicants will receive notification of the application status no later than 15 August 2018
- Download the PDF document with the terms & conditions for the CPG application
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Retrospective applications will not be considered.
- Applications will be considered until the exhaustion of funds.
- VE cannot guarantee awarding the CPG to prospective Grantees until the confirmation of available funds. In the event that sufficient funding for the CPG is not available, Virology Education will not be liable for any expenses or damages incurred by the Prospective Grantee with regards to the CPG Application and/or preparation for the meeting.
- Applicants will be notified of the decision by email. Successful applicants will be notified with further instructions.
- Conference Participation Grants are non-transferrable.
- Virology Education will not be liable for any injury, death, damage, loss, delay, cost, expense, or inconvenience, causes of action claims and suits for property damage, theft of property or personal injury (including death) arising in connection with the CGP and participation in the Conference
- Virology Education cannot be held responsible for any incorrect information that is submitted through the CPG application portal.
- Virology Education reserves the right to make the final decision regarding all applications, which cannot be disputed.
- You are committed to attend the meeting in person. If you fail to do so, you will be charged the full amount of the travel and accommodation costs incurred and will be excluded from applications for future conference participation grants of Virology Education.
Please submit your application through the CPG Application Portal no later than 15 July 2018.