Closing date: 16 September
Virology Education (VE) is offering a limited number of conference participation grants (CPGs) to abstract presenters to attend the 4th International Workshop on Microbiome in HIV Pathogenesis, Prevention and Treatmenthcare. Please click HERE to apply for CPG.
What does the CPG cover?
- Support for flight ticket up to USD 400. The expense will be reimbursed, provided with the original receipt, upon completion of the event either by bank transfer or a check.
- Hotel accommodation for a maximum of 2 nights on the Monday 15 October 2018 and Tuesday 16 October 2018. The booking will be made and arranged directly by Virology Education.
- Applicants must attend the entire workshop.
- Applicants will be responsible for all other costs associated with workshop attendance.
- Please see the workshop website for further details about the Conference.
What is expected from the CPG recipients?
- Recipient will be onsite at the workshop, attend all sessions and participate actively for the duration of the workshop (16-17 October 2018). A sign-in/sign-out sheet will be available on all days and grantees will be required to sign the sheet AM/PM as part of the CPG conditions.
- Recipient will provide a post-meeting feedback and summary about his/her workshop experience within 1 month after the end of the workshop. The feedback questionnaire will be an online survey with the recipient providing feedback on their experience at the workshop, CPG procedure and how they will implement the knowledge acquired at the meeting in their daily practice. The questionnaire will be sent to each recipient by email within one week after the conclusion of the conference.
- The applicant must be an abstract presenter.
- The applicant must be a young investigator*.
- The applicant must be willing to share her/his experience at the workshop within his/her network.
- The applicant must declare that she/he is able and willing to fund all other costs beyond the grant that are involved in attending the workshop, e.g. all other hotel, travel and subsistence expenses NOT covered by the CPG.
- The applicant must declare to take out her/his own insurance policies (for travel, liability, illness and/or other necessary insurances in relation to her/his participation to the Conference).
* Definition of young investigator
- candidates should be 35 years of age or younger; and
- either be a current Master/PhD student; or have obtained a MD/PhD degree within the last 5 years (not including time spent in clinical training for those with MD degrees)
- Your application must include the following:
- Your contact details (e.g. name and email address)
- Motivation letter consisting of a written statement up to 200 words, on:
- how attending the workshop will benefit you in a professional capacity
- how you intend to apply the benefits that you have outlined in a practical way after the workshop
- Recommendation letter(s) (optional)
- A declaration that you agree with the terms & conditions for application
- Your application must be received by 16 September 2018.
- All applications will be acknowledged upon receipt.
- All applications will be reviewed by an independent CPG Review Committee based on the following Grant Selection Criteria:
- Professional background
- Strategy of knowledge dissemination
- Recommendation by the Scientific and Organizing Committee of the meeting
- Quality of the Abstract (if accepted)
- Young/ Early Career Investigator
- All applicants will receive notification of the application status no later than 30 September 2018.
Please submit your application through the CPG Application Portal on the Conference website. We humbly request your support in encouraging healthcare professionals to apply by forwarding this information to your colleagues.