SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION PORTAL IS NOW CLOSED.
Virology Education (VE) is offering scholarships for the 5th Central and Eastern European Meeting on Viral Hepatitis and HIV. Priority will be given to healthcare professionals from Central and Eastern Europe who have actively participated in original research or scientific work that is being presented at the meeting.
The grants are supported by ViiV Healthcare and Gilead Sciences. These companies will have no control, influence, or involvement in selection of any attendees.
WHAT DOES THE SCHOLARSHIP COVER?
- Registration fee
- Travel costs
- Hotel accommodation on the conference dates
WHAT IS EXPECTED FROM THE GRANT RECIPIENTS?
Recipients will be onsite at the conference, attend all sessions, and participate actively for the duration of the conference. Recipients must sign-in to each session as requested by VE.
Recipients will provide a post-meeting feedback and summary about his/her conference experience within one month of the conference. The feedback questionnaire will be an online survey with recipients providing feedback on their experience at the conference, scholarship procedure, and how they will implement the knowledge acquired at the meeting in their daily practice. The questionnaire will be sent to each recipient by email within one week of the conclusion of the conference.
- The applicant must be a healthcare professional
- The participant must be actively involved in original research or scientific work that is being presented at the meeting.
- The applicant must be willing to share his/her experience at the conference within his network
- The applicant must be eligible to obtain a visa for travel.
- The applicant must declare that she/he is able and willing to fund all other costs beyond the grant that are involved in attending the conference, e.g. all other hotel, travel, and subsistence expenses NOT covered by the scholarship.
- The applicant must declare to take out her/his own insurance policies (for travel, liability, illness and/or other necessary insurances in relation to her/his participation to the conference).
- The grant applications must be submitted online through our scholarship application portal by 5 July 2019. You will be asked to submit a motivational letter (min. 100 words), your CV, and a letter of recommendation (optional).
- All applications will be acknowledged upon receipt.
- All applications will be reviewed by an independent Scholarship Review Committee
- All applicants will be notified about the status of their application no later than 19 July 2019.
- Successful applicants will be sent a scholarship agreement.
- After receipt of signed scholarship agreement, successful applicants will receive instructions for travel arrangements.
- Professional background
- Quality of the abstract (if accepted)
- Country of residence
- Recommendation by one of the faculty members
- Strategy of knowledge dissemination
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. Virology Education cannot be held responsible for any incorrect information that is submitted through the scholarship application portal.
- All travel arrangements will be made by Virology Education in collaboration with their preferred business travel partner. Virology Education cannot reimburse any travel costs made by participants themselves.
- Retrospective applications will not be considered.
- Grantees must attend the entire conference.
- Grantees are committed to attending the meeting in person. If they fail to do so, they will be charged the full amount of the travel and accommodation costs incurred and will be excluded from applications for future scholarships of Virology Education.
- Scholarships are non-transferrable.
- VE cannot guarantee awarding the scholarship to prospective grantees until the confirmation of available funds. In the event that sufficient funding for the scholarship is not available, Virology Education will not be liable for any expenses or damages incurred by the prospective grantee with regards to the scholarship application and/or preparation for the meeting.
- Applications will be considered until the exhaustion of funds.
- Grantees will be responsible for all other costs associated with conference attendance.
- Virology Education will not be liable for any injury, death, damage, loss, delay, cost, expense, or inconvenience, causes of action claims and suits for property damage, theft of property, or personal injury (including death) arising in connection with the scholarship and participation in the conference
- Virology Education reserves the right to make the final decision regarding all applications, which cannot be disputed.
Please submit your application through the scholarship application portal no later than 5 July 2019.