- For more information on COVID-19 update and VE measures to ensure the workshop, please click here. To stay updated on developments in relation to the European Workshop on Healthy Living with HIV 2020, make sure you are signed up for our newsletter.
- Registration for the European Workshop on Healthy Living with HIV is now open. Check here fees and conditions.
- The meeting materials of the 2019 edition are available here.
"To help the European community of future clinical leaders, who embrace an updated and relevant paradigm for the optimal care of HIV infected individuals. Focused not only on viral suppression but also on guaranteeing them optimal health throughout their lifetime. Striving to develop a clinical setting where treatment decisions consider all their implications for long term health."
Join us in our effort to build a community of HIV treating expert clinicians focusing on promoting a full and healthy life for all patients!
Over the last two decades, HIV has been transformed from a fatal disease into a chronic condition where the great majority of HIV infected individuals can look forward to a full and active life. This has been due to an increased understanding of the disease and its management, but above all to the unprecedented improvement in antiretroviral drugs.
Not surprisingly, current management of HIV infected patients continues to be overwhelmingly influenced by the fear of AIDS, suffering and death, with treatment success measured by long term avoidance of these conditions. But in the context of the armamentarium now available to clinicians and HIV infected individuals, much loftier goals are appropriate. Clinicians should now be focused not only on avoiding AIDS but on guaranteeing HIV infected individuals a full long life with a very minimum of adverse events or co-morbidities. Planning not only for the next 5 – 10 years but for many decades to come with a healthy and productive older age. This requires clinicians adapt a proactive approach to preventing long term morbidities and incorporate this into their decision-making process when making treatment choices.
We look forward to welcoming you in Barcelona!
- Educate HIV clinicians on new treatment options and their long-term implications
- Increase the HIV clinician’s level of understanding of options for prevention of comorbidities and adverse events
- Help shift the clinician’s focus to the management of long-term health
- Encourage a proactive and protective treatment attitude
- Broaden the scope of HIV clinicians and enrich their knowledge of and collaboration with other medical disciplines
- Enhanced communication and collaboration between both junior- and senior-level international researchers (from academia, government, and industry) and clinicians to promote the exchange of ideas, results, and technologies leading to successful translation into improving long term health for HIV-positive individuals
- Dissemination of knowledge and data exchanged by conference participants beyond the audience of the live event, thus maximizing the impact of the HIV research community
Please take a look at our 2019 edition program.