- European Workshop on Healthy Living with HIV accepts both new original data as well as previously presented abstracts, though they must contain up-to-date information. The abstract submission deadline is 31 August 2020.
- Complimentary registration is given to young professionals with an accepted abstract. A 50% discount is offered to young professionals without an accepted abstract. The requirements for the application are specified HERE
Categories for Abstract Submission
For purposes of review and programming, abstracts are divided into topical categories. The selection of the most appropriate category is important as it determines who reviews your abstract. The Program Committee reserves the right to reassign your abstract to a more appropriate category.
Please find below the category:
- Care of aging people with HIV
- Mental health in people living with HIV
- Value-based healthcare and quality of life (VBHC in HIV care, how to use VBHC to optimize the quality of life, mental health care for people living with HIV)
- Optimizing clinical management in HIV care (optimizing treatment regimens, new drug options)
- Co-morbidities in people living with HIV (cardiovascular and metabolic, renal, bone, neurological)
- Using e-health to optimize HIV care (digital health interventions in HIV care, social media, and HIV care)
- Unique challenges in women and female adolescents living with HIV
- Promoting family and social engagement in people living with HIV
Abstracts should contain the following four components:
- Background: A concise statement of the issue under investigation or a hypothesis;
- Material and Methods: The experimental methods used (including the statistical analyses employed);
- Results: Specific findings (promises such as "to be completed" or "to be presented" are not acceptable);
- Conclusions: A summary of findings that are supported by your results (statistical analyses used to support the conclusions, where appropriate, should be included; concluding statements such as "the results will be discussed" are not acceptable).
Please note that abstracts cannot be accepted if tables or graphs are included. The maximum word count for the abstract body is 500 words.
Abstracts are considered official communications to the conference and will be treated confidentially. Submitters of accepted abstracts agree to attend the meeting and present their abstract as scheduled.
Authors can submit their abstracts electronically until 31 August 2020 using the button on the right that reads “Abstract Submission." You will be redirected to the submission website. Please follow the step-by-step directions to upload the abstract. To ensure your abstract retains any special characters or formatting, the abstract must be in Microsoft Word format.
Present your latest research or share your experiences! We welcome two types of abstracts:
- Research abstracts: Present the latest results from your study or research and discuss the findings with an expert audience
- “Lessons learned” abstracts: What worked and what did not work? Share your experiences and exchange ideas with a multidisciplinary audience
European Workshop on Healthy Living with HIV accepts encore abstracts as long as the research has new data at the time of the conference.
Poster Presentation Instructions
- Posters need to meet the following dimensions: A0 size (approx 33" x 47"), portrait format
- Poster presenters are requested to stand near their poster during the poster session.
- We advise you to prepare hand-outs of your poster on Letter or A-4 format.
- Please hang your posters as early as possible. All posters must be displayed from the opening session to the closure of the meeting.
- Pushpins will be provided.
Oral Abstract Presenter Guidelines
You can download the directions for oral abstract presentations here: Oral Abstract Guidelines
We are pleased to offer free registration to young investigators with an accepted abstract and a 50% discount on the registration fee for young investigators without an accepted abstract.
IMPORTANT: Free registration is offered to the presenting author of the abstract only.
- Be 35 years of age or younger
- Be a current Master/PharmD/PhD student OR
- Have obtained a MD/PharmD/PhD degree in the last five years
An application form needs to be completed by a supervisor and received by the Virology Education secretariat at least two weeks prior to the start of the workshop. Please click the following link to download the form: Young Investigators Form. A research supervisor should complete the form and the applicant should have it submitted before 30 September 2020. These can be sent to email@example.com. Virology Education will contact the young investigator with instructions regarding registration for the workshop once the application has been received.
Notification of Abstract Acceptance and Presentation Format
It is the responsibility of the corresponding/presenting author to inform all co-authors of the abstract’s status. Notifications of acceptance and format of presentation (oral or poster presentation) will be announced by 19 September 2020. Please notify the conference secretariat if you have not received notification by the third week of September. If your abstract is accepted, one author is required to register for the conference and present the paper as scheduled. Guidelines for preparing your oral and/or poster presentations will be sent after your abstract has been accepted.
Accepted abstracts will be published in the Program Book, which will be distributed during the conference. All abstracts will be published in the journal Reviews in Antiviral Therapy & Infectious Diseases. Please note that the conference secretariat cannot be held responsible for any typographic or language errors in the submitted abstracts as only the format of the abstracts will be changed and not the content.