SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION PORTAL IS NOW CLOSED. APPLICATION DEADLINE WAS 31 AUGUST
Virology Education is offering virtual participation Scholarships to attend the 6th edition of the Central and Eastern European Meeting on Viral Hepatitis and HIV. Priority will be given to healthcare professionals from Central and Eastern Europe who have actively participated in original research or scientific work that is being presented at the Meeting, are able to show how their patients/research/community will benefit from knowledge to be gained at this meeting, and who are willing and able to share the knowledge with the larger community.
The scholarships are supported by ViiV Healthcare and Gilead Science. These companies will have no control, influence, or involvement in the selection of any attendees.
WHAT DOES THE SCHOLARSHIP COVER?
- Registration fee
WHAT IS EXPECTED FROM THE SCHOLARSHIP RECIPIENTS?
All scholarship awardees are required to attend the full meeting. Online attendance will be monitored throughout the meeting. At the close of the Conference, awardees must have completed the daily and overall conference evaluations.
Recipient will provide a post-meeting feedback and summary about his/her conference experience within one month after the end of the conference. The feedback questionnaire will be an online survey with the recipient providing feedback on their experience at the conference, Scholarship procedure, and how they will implement the knowledge acquired at the meeting in their daily practice. The questionnaire will be sent to each recipient by email within one week after the conclusion of the conference.
- Be professionally involved in the field of HIV and / or viral hepatitis
- Be resident of one of the countries in Europe
- Be able to show benefits to their patients/research/community from attending the meeting
- Be willing and able to share information learned at the meeting with a larger community
- Conference organizer will automatically decline all Scholarship applications that do not conform to the eligibility terms.
The scholarship applications must be submitted online through our Scholarship Application Portal by 31 August 2020. The applicant will be asked to submit a motivational letter (min. 100 words) describing how their patients/research will benefit from the knowledge gained at this meeting, and their knowledge dissemination strategy, a CV, and a letter of recommendation (optional).
The meeting code for the CEE Meeting on Viral Hepatitis and HIV 2020 is CEE2020
- All applications will be acknowledged upon receipt.
- All applications will be reviewed by an independent Scholarship Review Committee.
- All applicants will be notified about the status of their application no later than 2 weeks prior to the meeting.
- Successful applicants will be sent a scholarship agreement.
- Professional background
- Quality of the abstract (if accepted)
- Country of residence
- Recommendation by your supervisor
- Demonstrable benefits to patients/research/community by the knowledge to be gained at this meeting
- Strategy of knowledge dissemination
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. Conference Organizer cannot be held responsible for any incorrect information that is submitted through the Scholarship application portal.
- Retrospective applications will not be considered.
- Scholarship recipients must attend the entire conference.
- Conference Organizer cannot guarantee to award the Scholarship to prospective scholarship recipients until the confirmation of available funds.
- Applications will be considered until the exhaustion of funds.
- Conference Organizer will not be liable for any injury, death, damage, loss, delay, cost, expense, or inconvenience, causes of action claims and suits for property damage, theft of property or personal injury (including death) arising in connection with the Scholarship and participation in the Conference.
- Conference Organizer reserves the right to make the final decision regarding all applications, which cannot be disputed.
Please submit your application through the Scholarship Application Portal no later than 31 August 2020.