Microbiome in HIV 2020 will be articulated in Pathogenesis, Transmission, Prevention, Comorbidities, Vaccines & Therapeutics sessions, and will consist of keynote talks, state-of-the-art lectures, oral abstract presentations, and poster viewing sessions.
We are currently working on designing the program for this 2-day event. Please, find below the draft program of the workshop. More information on confirmed sessions and speakers will follow shortly.
- The impact of hormonal contraception on the vaginal microbiome and HIV acquisition - Adam Burgener, Case Western Reserve University, USA
- Understanding the rectal mucosal immune environment and potential impacts on HIV transmission - Colleen F. Kelley, Emory University School of Medicine, USA
- The microbiome and SIV acquisition- Jason Brenchley, NIH, USA
- Connecting the dots: Translating the vaginal microbiome into a drug - Laurel Lagenaur, NIH, USA
- Impact of penile microbiome on local immunology and HIV susceptibility - Rupert Kaul, University of Toronto, Canada