- The application was closed. The results have been notified.
Virology Education (VE), with generous support by ViiV Healthcare, is offering Conference Participation Grants (CPGs) to HIV healthcare professionals from the Asia Pacific region to attend APACC, the Asia Pacific HIV Clinical Forum and other pre-/post-APACC programs. To apply for the grant, please go HERE.
What does the CPG cover?
- Registration for Registration for APACC, the Asia Pacific HIV Clinical Forum, and other pre-/post programs
- Travel support up to € 500
- Hotel accommodation for up to 4 nights
- All arrangements will be made by VE.
- Applicants must attend the entire Conference.
- Applicants will be responsible for all other costs associated with Conference attendance.
- Please see the Conference website for further details about the Conference.
What is expected from the CPG recipients?
- Recipient will be onsite at the Conferences (APACC 2019, the Asia Pacific HIV Clinical Forum 2019 and other pre-/post-APACC programs), attend all sessions and participate actively for the duration of the Conferences (26-29 June 2019). A sign-in/sign-out sheet will be available on all days and grantees will be required to sign the sheet AM/PM as part of the CPG conditions.
- Recipient will provide a post-meeting feedback and summary about his/her Conference experience within 1 month after the end of the Conference. The feedback questionnaire will be an online survey with the recipient providing feedback on their experience at the conference, CPG procedure and how they will implement the knowledge acquired at the meeting in their daily practice. The questionnaire will be sent to each recipient by email within one week after the conclusion of the conference.
- The applicant must be a Healthcare Professional.
- The applicant must be willing to share his/her experience at the Conference within his network.
- The applicant must be eligible to obtain a visa for travel.
- The applicant must declare that she/he is able and willing to fund all other costs beyond the grant that are involved in attending the Conference, e.g. all other hotel, travel and subsistence expenses NOT covered by the CPG.
- The applicant must declare to take out her/his own insurance policies (for travel, liability, illness and/or other necessary insurances in relation to her/his participation to the Conference).
- Your application will include the following:
- Your contact details (e.g. name and email address)
- Motivation letter consisting of a written statement of up to 200 words, on:
- how attending the Conference will benefit you in a professional capacity
- how you intend to apply the benefits that you have outlined in a practical way after the Conference
- Recommendation letter(s) (optional)
- Abstract(s) (optional)
- A declaration that you agree with the terms & conditions for application
- Your application must be received by the deadline.
- All applications will be acknowledged upon receipt.
- All applications will be reviewed by an independent CPG Review Committee based on the following Grant Selection Criteria:
- Professional background
- Strategy of knowledge dissemination
- Recommendation by the Scientific and Organizing Committee of the meeting
- Quality of the Abstract (if accepted)
- Young/ Early Career Investigator
- All applicants will receive notification of the application status no later than 1 month prior to the events.
Please submit your application through the CPG Application Portal on the Conference website. We humbly request your support in encouraging healthcare professionals to apply by forwarding this information to your colleagues.