The purpose of the APACC Fellows program is to provide early career investigators with an opportunity to learn about HIV and co-infection research and conference development and leadership through serving on the Organizing Committee of APACC. Fellows will help to develop conference session content for other early career investigators and promote APACC over a two-year term. The Organizing Committee is responsible for developing the conference program, driving conference engagement, and selecting abstracts and panel topics. Fellows will receive support to attend the conference each of the two years in which they participate.
>> Download the flyer >>
- Early career as defined by: a medical degree (MD, MBBS) or PhD in a health-related field in the past ten years (if in an academic institution, research fellow, instructor, or Assistant Professor);
- Living in one of the below eligible countries*;
- Submission of a complete application by the deadline;
- Commitment to participate in and implement program activities.
Fellows will be responsible for participating in planning conference calls of the Organizing Committee, helping to organize capacity-building sessions, attending APACC, and promoting the APACC conference and sessions before and during the conference.
Application and deadlines
Individuals will submit the following in English by 15 December 2018.
- A personal statement describing what would be their goals as a member of the Organizing Committee and how they could contribute to APACC (<500 words);
- One letter of support from a mentor, department chair, or supervisor to describe the applicant’s current scope of work, confirm eligibility to apply (per the above criteria), and comment on the candidate’s suitability for the Fellow program;
- A current CV.
All application documents should be submitted as electronic files to Kun-Chieh Wu, Virology Education (Kun-Chieh.Wu@vironet.com).
Review criteria for selecting Fellows include clinical and/or research experience with HIV and co-infections in the Asia-Pacific and prior experience actively participating in research conferences (e.g., presenting at local or international meetings).
Applicants will be notified about the Fellow selection decisions by early February 2019.
Please contact Kun-Chieh Wu (Kun-Chieh.Wu@vironet.com).
* Eligible countries: American Samoa, Australia, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, China (including Hong Kong SAR, Macao SAR), Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands, Cook Islands, Democratic People's Republic of Korea, Federated States of Micronesia, Fiji, French Polynesia, Guam, India, Indonesia, Japan, Kiribati, Lao People’s Democratic Republic, Macao, Malaysia, Maldives, Marshall Islands, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nauru, Nepal, New Caledonia, New Zealand, Niue, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Pitcairn Island, Republic of Korea, Samoa, Singapore, Solomon Islands, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Tokelaue, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, Vietnam, Wallis and Futuna.