- As of 17 March 2020, the Asian Stigma & Discrimination Forum 2020 is re-scheduled and will take place from 15 to 17 October 2020. The new scholarship application deadline is Monday, 3 August, at 23:59 hours CET. Click here to apply.
- The meeting code to use for the application is APACC2020
The scholarships are supported by industry. These companies will have no control, influence, or involvement in the selection of any attendees.
WHAT DOES THE SCHOLARSHIP COVER?
- Registration for the Asian Stigma & Discrimination Forum, the Asia Pacific HIV Clinical Forum, and APACC 2020.
- Travel support up to 500 EUR.
- Hotel accommodation up to 4 nights on the conference dates.
WHAT IS EXPECTED FROM THE SCHOLARSHIP RECIPIENTS?
All scholarship awardees are required to attend the full meetings. Awardees must sign in at the beginning of each meeting day and sign off at the end of each day as requested by the Conference Organizer. At the close of the Conference, awardees must have completed the daily and overall conference evaluations.
The recipient will provide post-meeting feedback and a summary of his/her conference experience within one month after the end of the conference. The feedback questionnaire will be an online survey with the recipient providing feedback on their experience at the conference, Scholarship procedure and how they will implement the knowledge acquired at the meeting in their daily practice. The questionnaire will be sent to each recipient by email within one week after the conclusion of the conference.
- Be proficient in English to interact with faculty and fellow attendees;
- Be actively involved in the field of HIV/AIDS and co-infections;
- Be a resident of the region/countries of the meetings;
- Be able to show benefits to their patients/research/community from attending the meeting;
- Be willing and able to share information learned at the meetings with a larger community;
- Be eligible to obtain a visa for travel;
- Declare that she/he is able and willing to fund all other costs beyond the scholarship that are involved in attending the Conference, e.g. all other hotel, travel, and subsistence expenses NOT covered by the Scholarship;
- Declare to take out her/his own insurance policies (for travel, liability, illness and/or other necessary insurances in relation to her/his participation to the conference); and
- The conference organizer will automatically decline all Scholarship applications that do not conform to the eligibility terms.
The scholarship applications must be submitted online through our Scholarship Application Portal by 3 August. The applicant will be asked to submit a motivational letter (min. 100 words) describing how their patients/research/community will benefit from the knowledge gained at these meetings, and their knowledge dissemination strategy, a CV, and a letter of recommendation (optional). The meeting code for the application is APACC2020.
- All applications will be acknowledged upon receipt;
- All applications will be reviewed by an independent Scholarship Review Committee;
- All applicants will be notified about the status of their application no later than 15 September;
- Successful applicants will be sent a Scholarship Agreement; and
- After receipt of the signed Scholarship Agreement, successful applicants will receive instructions for travel arrangements.
- Professional background;
- Quality of the abstract (if accepted);
- Country of residence;
- Recommendation by your supervisor;
- Demonstrable benefits to patients/research/community by the knowledge to be gained at this meeting;
- The strategy of knowledge dissemination; and
- Young/Early Career Investigator.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. Conference Organizer cannot be held responsible for any incorrect information that is submitted through the Scholarship application portal;
- All travel arrangements will be made by the Conference Organizer in collaboration with their preferred business travel partner. The Conference Organizer cannot reimburse any travel costs made by the participants themselves;
- Retrospective applications will not be considered;
- Scholarship recipients must attend the entire conferences;
- Scholarship recipients are committed to attending the meetings in person. If they fail to do so, they will be charged the full amount of the travel and accommodation costs incurred and will be excluded from applications for future Scholarships of the Conference Organizer;
- Scholarships are non-transferrable;
- The Conference Organizer cannot guarantee to award the Scholarship to prospective scholarship recipients until the confirmation of available funds. In the event that sufficient funding for the Scholarship is not available, Conference Organizer will not be liable for any expenses or damages incurred by the prospective scholarship recipient with regards to the Scholarship application and/or preparation for the meeting;
- Applications will be considered until the exhaustion of funds;
- Scholarship recipients will be responsible for all other costs associated with conference attendance;
- The Conference Organizer will not be liable for any injury, death, damage, loss, delay, cost, expense, or inconvenience, causes of action claims and suits for property damage, theft of property or personal injury (including death) arising in connection with the Scholarship and participation in the Conference; and
- The Conference Organizer reserves the right to make the final decision regarding all applications, which cannot be disputed.
Please submit your application through the Scholarship Application Portal no later than 3 August.