- Venue: Triumph Luxury Hotel
- Subscribe to our newsletters to stay updated with us
- Registration is open
- Abstract submission is closed
- Check out the latest conference program here.
It is with great pleasure that we announce the Conference on Liver Disease in Africa (COLDA) 2019, which will be held in Cairo, Egypt on 6 - 8 September!
Organized by Virology Education in close collaboration with local societies, COLDA 2019 aims at empowering African healthcare professionals (HCPs) to diagnose, prevent, treat and achieve a cure for liver diseases to improve the lives of patients in Africa.
This being the second edition of COLDA, we continue our efforts to develop a platform that provides a unique opportunity for clinicians, researchers, policymakers, industry and other healthcare professionals in the African region. Together with support from an international community of experts, they will exchange knowledge on the latest clinical developments and updates on ongoing and new trials related to liver disease.
We aim at providing you with a highly scientific and educational abstract-driven conference consisting of keynote speeches, state-of-the-art lectures, oral and poster abstract presentations, round table discussions, and debates with ample time for discussion.
We are certain that the conference will act as a catalyst for translating science into clinical practice while promoting medical education in the field of hepatology and setting up collaborations within the African region. Everyone will have an exceptional opportunity to share and acquire knowledge and experience a wide spectrum of topics related to liver disease.
We look forward to welcoming you to COLDA 2019!
Who Should Attend?
- Other HCPs (nurses, clinical officers, and community health workers among others)
This meeting aims to:
- Gather experts from the African region involved in the research, diagnosis and treatment of liver diseases in an interactive conference setting
- Discuss the diagnostic, therapeutic, and preventative efforts of liver disease tailored at regional and local needs, translating besting practices into daily practice guidelines and policies
- Contribute towards hepatitis elimination efforts
- Leverage on the findings from international studies through the delivery of updates from major meetings that can be applied at the regional and local level to combat liver diseases
- Facilitate a robust dialogue among participants through interactive networking and a networking reception
- Foster new and lasting interdisciplinary partnerships and collaborations among various researchers to improve knowledge sharing with aim of combating liver diseases in Africa.
After participating in this activity, the participants will be able:
- Discuss the epidemiology and treatment of liver disease at an individual and population level
- Ensure the knowledge and availability of hepatitis B and hepatitis C therapy and their correct usage
- Discuss evolving modalities of monitoring of liver disease and their availability in the African setting
- Update on new developments in the investigation of liver disease and their use in an African setting.