Virology Education (VE) is offering scholarships for the International Viral Hepatitis Elimination Meeting (IVHEM) in Amsterdam, 22-23 November 2019.
The scholarship application is closed.
Deadline for scholarship application submission was September 13, 2019.
All applicants will receive notification of application status after the application deadline.
WHAT DOES THE CONFERENCE SCHOLARSHIP COVER?
- Registration to the meeting (including meeting materials, access to all sessions, the welcome reception, lunch on 23 November)
- Support for travel
- Hotel accommodation for a maximum of 2 nights (including breakfast)
- Networking dinner on 22 November
- All arrangements will be made by VE
- Applicants must attend the entire meeting
- Applicants will be responsible for all other costs associated with meeting attendance
WHAT IS EXPECTED FROM SCHOLARSHIP RECIPIENTS?
Recipients will be on site at the meeting, attend all sessions, and participate actively for the duration of the meeting. Recipients must sign-in to each session as requested by VE.
Recipients will provide a post-meeting evaluation and summary about his/her meeting experience within one month after the end of the meeting. The evaluation questionnaire will be an online survey for the recipient to provide feedback on their experience at the meeting, the scholarship procedure, and how they will implement the knowledge acquired at the meeting in their daily practice. The questionnaire will be sent to each recipient by email within one week of the meeting conclusion.
- The applicant must be a healthcare professional
- The applicant must be willing to share his/her experience at the meeting within his/her network
- The applicant must be eligible to obtain a visa for travel
- The applicant must declare that he/she is able and willing to fund all other costs beyond the scholarship that are involved in attending the meeting, e.g. all other hotel, travel, and subsistence expenses NOT covered by the scholarship
- The applicant must declare to take out his/her own insurance policies (for travel, liability, illness and/or other necessary insurances in relation to his/her participation in the meeting)
Applications must include the following:
- Contact details (e.g. name and email address)
- Curriculum vitae (CV)
- Motivation letter consisting of a written statement of up to 200 words, on how attending the meeting will benefit you professionally and how you intend to apply these benefits in a practical way after the meeting
- A declaration that you agree with the terms and conditions for application
- Recommendation letter(s) (optional)
- Abstract(s) (optional)
Your application must be received by 13 September 2019. All applications will be acknowledged upon receipt. An independent Scholarship Review Committee will review these applications based on the following criteria:
- Professional background
- Strategy of knowledge dissemination
- Recommendation by the Scientific and Organizing Committees of the meeting
- Quality of the abstract (if accepted)
- Young/early career investigator
- Incomplete applications will not be considered
- Retrospective applications will not be considered
- Applications will be considered until the exhaustion of funds
- VE cannot guarantee awarding the scholarship to prospective grantees until the confirmation of available funds. In the event that sufficient funding for the scholarship is not available, Virology Education will not be liable for any expenses or damages incurred by the prospective grantee with regards to the scholarship application and/or preparation for the meeting
- Applicants will be notified of the decision by email. Successful applicants will be notified with further instructions
- Scholarships are non-transferrable
- Virology Education will not be liable for any injury, death, damage, loss, delay, cost, expense, or inconvenience, causes of action claims and suits for property damage, theft of property or personal injury (including death) arising in connection with the scholarship and participation in the meeting
- Virology Education cannot be held responsible for any incorrect information that is submitted through the scholarship application portal
- Virology Education reserves the right to make the final decision regarding all applications, which cannot be disputed
- You are committed to attend the meeting in person. If you fail to do so, you will be charged the full amount of the travel and accommodation costs incurred and will be excluded from applications for future scholarships offered by Virology Education.
Please submit your application through the Scholarship Application Portal on the conference website.
We humbly request your support in encouraging healthcare professionals to apply by forwarding this information to your colleagues.