Scholarship Application Deadline: 9 October 2020
The deadline has passed and the portal is now closed.
Virology Education (VE) is offering virtual scholarships for the International Workshop on HIV Pediatrics 16-17 November.
WHAT DOES THE CONFERENCE SCHOLARSHIP COVER?
- Registration to the workshop
- Potential internet data bundle
- All arrangements will be made by VE
- Applicants must attend the entire workshop
- Applicants will be responsible for all other costs associated with their attendance
WHAT IS EXPECTED FROM SCHOLARSHIP RECIPIENTS?
Recipients will be online for the workshop, attend all sessions and participate actively for the duration of the workshop. Recipients must sign-in to each session as requested by VE.
Recipients will provide a post-workshop evaluation and summary of his/her workshop experience within one month after the end of the workshop. The evaluation questionnaire will be an online survey for the recipient to provide feedback on their experience at the workshop, the workshop scholarship procedure, and how they will implement the knowledge acquired at the workshop in their daily practice. The questionnaire will be sent to each recipient by email within one week of the conclusion of the workshop.
- The applicant must be willing to share his/her experience at the conference within his/her network
- The applicant must declare that he/she is able and willing to fund all other costs beyond the scholarship that are involved in attending the workshop, e.g. all subsistence expenses NOT covered by the workshop scholarship
Applications must include the following:
- Contact details (e.g. name, full address, and email address);
- Motivation letter consisting of a written statement of up to 200 words, on how attending the workshop will benefit you professionally and how you intend to apply these benefits in a practical way after the conference;
- A declaration that you agree with the terms and conditions for application; and
- Recommendation letter(s) (optional).
Your application must be received by 9 October 2020. All applications will be acknowledged upon receipt. An independent Scholarship Review Committee will review these applications based on the following criteria:
- Professional background
- The strategy of knowledge dissemination
- Recommendation by the Scientific and Organizing Committees of the workshop
- Quality of the abstract (if accepted)
- Young/early career investigator
- Incomplete applications will not be considered
- Retrospective applications will not be considered
- Applications will be considered until the exhaustion of funds
- VE cannot guarantee awarding the scholarship to prospective grantees until the confirmation of available funds. In the event that sufficient funding for the scholarship is not available, Virology Education will not be liable for any expenses or damages incurred by the prospective grantee with regards to the scholarship application and/or preparation for the workshop
- Applicants will be notified of the decision by email. Successful applicants will be notified with further instructions
- Scholarships are non-transferrable
- Virology Education will not be liable for any injury, death, damage, loss, delay, cost, expense, or inconvenience, causes of action claims and suits for property damage, theft of property, or personal injury (including death) arising in connection with the conference scholarship and participation in the workshop
- Virology Education cannot be held responsible for any incorrect information that is submitted through the scholarship application portal
- Virology Education reserves the right to make the final decision regarding all applications, which cannot be disputed
- You are committed to attend the workshop. If you fail to do so, you will be charged the full amount of the costs incurred and will be excluded from applications for future scholarships offered by Virology Education.
Please submit your application through the Scholarship Application Portal on the website.
We humbly request your support in encouraging healthcare professionals to apply by forwarding this information to your colleagues.