Fungai Murau is a passionate researcher in the HIV field with areas of in mental health (quality of life for people living with HIV), migration and educating adolescent girls in making informed choices about their sexuality and wellbeing.
Fungai studied at the renowned Institute of Development studies with her MA (poverty and development) dissertation focusing on the mental health of undocumented women living with HIV in the UK. Fungai currently works as an independent consultant focusing on policy, advocacy and project delivery. Fungai is affiliated with the following Advisory Boards, and committees:
- Steering Group Member: SWIFT (2015 - current)
- Mentor Mother - 4M NET (April 2016 – current)
- Community Representative: Collaborative HIV Pediatric Study (CHIPS) and CHIPS+ (September 2018 – Current)
- Implementation Group Member: Brighton & Hove Towards Zero HIV Taskforce – Stigma Implementation Group & Testing + Innovation Group (April 2018 – current)
- Board of Trustees: AMAZE (March 2008 – current)
- Board of Trustees: The Sussex Beacon (May 2019 – current)